Raise Money for your School & Help JDRF Find a Cure for Diabetes!
The JDRF Kids Walk program is an educational, in-school fundraising program with two goals: 1) to educate students about type 1 and type 2 diabetes and the importance of a healthy lifestyle, and 2) to provide them with an opportunity to make a difference by raising money for type 1 diabetes (T1D) research.
Our program helps to foster an environment of positive character building and community service. Students are recognized with a banner and awards. Your school can earn funds to use for equipment, field trips, books, or whatever your school needs! Learn more about the Kids Walk to Cure Diabetes
It’s FUN, it’s EASY, and it’s EDUCATIONAL! And it’s all about Kids Helping Kids
Join the growing list of schools nationwide that are part of the effort to find better treatments, prevention, and a cure for type 1 diabetes! Schools across the country appreciate the educational and monetary benefits of our Kids Walk to Cure Diabetes program and are delighted by how easy it is to participate. JDRF provides a turn-key program, and your school and students enjoy the many benefits.
How Does the Program Work?
- Contact us to schedule your Kick-Off and celebratory Walk — (214) 373-9808.
- JDRF will lead an educational kick-off, teaching students about type 1 and type 2 diabetes, the importance of a healthy diet and exercise, and effective and safe fundraising strategies.
- Over a two-week period, students collect donations in various ways: by selling JDRF’s signature paper sneakers for a donation, by asking friends and family for their support, and by using our fast and easy online tools!
- Two weeks after your kick-off, students submit the funds they’ve raised at a celebratory Walk on your school’s campus.
- Wrap up your school’s campaign. Awards, your school banner, and your 10 percent appreciation check arrive within six weeks after the donations are collected.